2019 Summer Internship Program is now Open
World Trade Center St. Louis (WTC) offers 4 to 6 internships each semester. Graduate students as well as senior and junior undergraduates are encouraged to apply.
Other Internship Positions Include:
- Events & Marketing
- International Research
- St. Louis Mosaic Project – Immigration Communication and Social Media
- St, Louis Mosaic Project – Immigration Community Development
- Intern applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by email to:
email: Karen Gentles
- The cover letter should indicate the semester period(s) for which the applicant is applying and an approximate date on which that applicant would be available to work, if selected.
- Applicants interested in more than one position should submit only one resume but declare in the cover letter the positions for which they seek consideration.
- WTC will contact applicants for an interview in the weeks following the application deadline.
- After the interviews, WTC will notify selected candidates.
WTC offers you the opportunity to supplement your education with real world experiences.
- Recognized worldwide – great reference
- Networking and job opportunities
- Experience in culturally diverse business environment
- College credit (where accepted; please note, internships are unpaid)
Based on staff needs, WTC usually offers 2 unique internships each semester – Events & Marketing and International Research. You will be given a variety of duties within the scope of the program. In order to maximize the experience, we ask for a minimum commitment of one semester from you. Multi-semester internships are available. If applicable, check with your educational advisor/school internship coordinator to see if you can receive credits for time you spend on your WTC internship.
- Commitment of one semester (15-20 hours/week)
- Good command of English language (foreign language a plus)
- Basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet skills)
- Participation in Programs & Events
- Some general administrative assistance
- Positive attitude
Internships run approximately between the following dates:
Fall: September 10 – December 15
Spring: January 15 – May 15
Summer: May 15 – August 15
WTC is a professional organization and interns are expected to conduct themselves accordingly. Each intern will be given an intern handbook, covering policies and procedures and a confidentiality document is signed on the first day of the internship.
Educational institutions that would like to receive notices regarding internship application deadlines should contact Karen Gentles.