World Trade Center St. Louis is the only source of import education in the region. Considering the integral role that importing goods plays in international trade, it is no wonder the World Trade Center St. Louis has made import education a priority for its members.
Programs run the gamut from technical seminars that outline the specifics of import regulations to specialized lectures that demonstrate cultural and environmental influences on a company’s ability to import.
World Trade Center St. Louis’ import programs are designed to help both active importers and those considering importing. Regardless of your company’s needs, the World Trade Center St. Louis is guaranteed to offer an import program that exceeds your expectations.
Curious about what a typical import program sponsored by the World Trade Center looks like? Take a look at this previous event:
Import Procedures & Documentation
Gain Valuable Information On:
- Defining the parties to an import transaction and their functions
- Understanding International Trade Terms
- Various forms of payment available to the importer
- Considerations in requesting quotations for goods
- Understanding cargo insurance
- Maximizing your company’s position in global markets
- And much, much more….
Topics Covered Include:
- Parties to the import transaction
- Trade terms for importers
- Negotiating the most favorable payment
- Making the decision to foreign source
- What to include in a request for quotation
- Contracting for transport and customs clearance
- Returning unwanted goods to the seller
- Understanding the fundamentals of marine insurance
- U.S. forms catalog
Trade Compliance for Importers
Are You Taking Advantage of U.S. Free Trade Agreements?
International Trade Night
ITAR Boot Camp