International Trade Professional Development Opportunity – Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP Training)
Interested in better supporting your SME clients engaged in International Trade?
Wanting to hone your expertise and skills, and better position yourself as a reliable source of information?
Then…. make sure you have the training and certification needed.
STEP 1: Make plans to attend the Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP) Training to be hosted by the University of Missouri – in-person (to be confirmed) and virtual (guaranteed) attendance options available.
This 3-day CGBP training provide opportunity for you to increase the international trade expertise and competency of yourself or key team members. It is a great first step and/or good final prep, for individuals who do not yet have the CGBP credential. The training takes a holistic look at global trade, and highlights the core management, marketing, logistics and financial elements – that businesses and trade professionals need to be aware of to build a successful export business.
The NASBITE CGBP certifies that credential holders are competent in four key areas of global trade:
1. Global Business Management
2. Global Marketing
3. Supply Chain Management
4. Trade Finance
The CGBP credential confirms knowledge in international trade that is critical for business success.
Following this training, you will be better positioned to:
• Develop global business plans that addresses the cultural, legal, political and regulatory nuances involved in doing business internationally
• Successfully conduct market research to proactively identify the best potential markets
• Analyze and formulate appropriate global market entry, pricing and distribution strategies
• Understand what your legal and regulatory obligations are as an exporter and complete the documentation required to move your product internationally
• Assess financial, economic and political risks and know what resources, tools and strategies can be used to mitigate those
• Know what state and federal resources exist to support your company’s global sales expansion efforts
• Be a successful and trust advisory source in the world of global business
Training Delivery Options: This training will be offered in-person on the University of Missouri campus as university and public health safety guidelines permit. Virtual attendance options will also be in place giving attendees the flexibility to connect via Zoom for the entirety of the training as needed or desired.
About the instructor: Jim Foley is an expert in international sales and marketing training, and author of “The Global Entrepreneur: Taking Your Business International”. Jim’s experience spans 35-years of marketing, sales, corporate management and small business consulting. Jim currently serves are director of the Turner Center for Entrepreneurship and the Illinois SBDC International Trade Center at Bradley University. He is past president of NASBITE International and current national co-chair of the ASBDC International Trade Committee.
Tuesday, August 9 -Thursday, August 11, 2022
University of Missouri – Colombia
STEP 2: Register – by contacting Jackie Rasmussen – [email protected]
Tel: 573-884-5223 or 573-836-00002
$550 per attendee – includes free access to the newly released CGBP Exam Study Pack ($179 value)
STEP 3: Attend – in person or virtually….it couldn’t be more convenient!